The Saklan School has created this page as a resource for our community, with links to school communications about COVID-19 and public health resources, as well as information about school event cancellations and postponements. Content posted here will be updated regularly, as we continue to monitor the latest news as the situation evolves.
EXPECTATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES WITHIN THE SAKLAN COMMUNITY FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS
COVID-19 SYMPTOMS & QUARANTINE GUIDELINES
SAKLAN'S COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
COMMUNICATIONS ABOUT COVID-19
March 25, 2020: Saklan Update
February 28, 2020: Coronavirus
Published July 10, 2020. Updated August 16, 2021.
CONTRA COSTA HEALTH SERVICES ELEMENTARY SCHOOL WAIVER APPLICATION
Published July 31, 2020
The Reopening Roadmap represents hundreds of hours of research and planning by the COVID-19 Task Force. Their work kept safety and student health at the forefront of discussions. Decisions were informed by experts, guided by the mission, and built to be nimble. The Roadmap is both foundational and fluid.
This guiding document will be updated regularly, finalized, and shared broadly prior to the reopening of campus. When Contra Costa County is allowed to reopen school campuses and Saklan is confident it can sufficiently mitigate the risks of COVID-19, this reopening roadmap will go into effect as it presents a detailed set of activities and guidance.
HOW TO GET YOUR STUDENT READY TO RETURN TO SCHOOL THIS FALL
I've seen a lot of parents asking what they can do to get their families ready for the changes in the classroom setting this fall. Here is what I would ask:
- Get them used to wearing a mask. Pick out fun ones, make sure they do not use a vent that expels germs when they exhale. Make sure they fit. Have them wear them for extended times. Let them know WHY we do it.
- Let them verbalize any fears or anxiety they may have about returning to school. Ask them how they feel. Let them know the safety procedures your school is put in place and your expectations for them following them.
- Practice good hygiene and talk to your child about how important it is that they let you know if they're having any symptoms of COVID-19.
- We will be safest if everyone continues to follow the COVID guidelines.
- If you want your kids back in the classroom, lay low the next few weeks, wear a mask, and only do what is absolutely necessary. WEAR the MASK!